Sports Premium Funding
Sports Premium Funding
Primary school experiences are pivotal to the children’s future perception of physical activity and the enthusiasm and enjoyment of the pupils at Perryfields Junior School is testament to the passion and dedication of all staff.
We believe that pupils leave our school equipped to enjoy sport and adventurous activities for all their health and social benefits. For those who relish the competitive element, they gain the skills, confidence and relevant experience to succeed at their chosen level and discipline.
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding for Physical Education (PE) and sport. The Government directed that this money should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision.
Key criteria to measure the effective use of this funding include:
• The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
• The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
• Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
• Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
• Increased participation in competitive sport
Sports Premium allocation for 2018-19: £18,720 per annum
Sports Premium at Perryfields Junior School.
The aim at Perryfields is ensure the effective use of Sports Premium funding to meet the criteria listed above in a measured, planned and sustainable way.
• Staff training to develop the quality of teaching and learning in PE and Sport.
• Development of Leadership capacity.
• Opportunities for all children to develop healthy lifestyles linked to the ‘Change for Life’ initiative and through outdoor learning provision.
• Increase in number and diversity of PE and sporting opportunities.
• Development of links between PE and sport with other areas of the curriculum/ school identified priorities.
• Focus on collaborative working with Primary Leadership Team to enhance sports provision in own school and facilitate inter-school competitions.
• Addition of new resources to facilitate the areas highlighted in the key criteria above.
• Equal opportunities for all.
To read the full report please click here